Mindfulness for Stress Management Group, Partners in Change: Psychological and Community Services, PLC
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is about being awake and alive in the present moment. With mindfulness we learn to release troubling thoughts of the past and worry about the future. We recognize how thoughts and emotions affect the body. We recognize harmful recurring thoughts and gradually see them become less prevalent in our thinking.
We gain tools to move toward difficulties rather than run from them. This is not something we can learn from books and lectures, but rather from experience, using meditation and yoga practice, to reduce stress and improve quality of life.
Benefits of Mindfulness Practice
· Increased happiness and capacity for joy
· Increased compassion for self and
· Increased awareness
· Anger reduction
· Better management of chronic pain and chronic illnesses
· Increased concentration
· Reduction in stress and anxiety
· Greater energy & enthusiasm
· Increases self control
· Increase in value-based living
· Prevention of depression relapse
· Prevention of substance abuse relapse
Please see our website for more information:
Please register by calling us at