Surgical Technologist First Assistant - $15,000 Sign on Bonus
Position Summary: Assists surgeons and other medical professionals in operating rooms and similar environments. Prepares patients, rooms and equipment for pending surgical procedures. Assists during those procedures as part of the surgical team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepares operating rooms, ensuring that all equipment and supplies needed for the procedure are properly disinfected, assembled and in working order.
- Ensures the preparation and maintenance of the sterile field in operating room.
- Provides supportive care during the pre-operative phase.
- Prepares patient's skin for surgery; moves and positions patients in the operating room; monitors vital signs and observes status.
- During surgery performs scrub functions including passing sterile surgical equipment to surgeons, may cut sutures, tracking items used/performing instrument counts, collecting and labeling specimens taken and helping dress a patient's wounds. May transport patient after procedure.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited surgical technology training program.
- Certified Surgical Technologist and Certified Surgical Technologist First Assistant (CSTFA) by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Tech First Assisting (NBSTSA).
- One month of job-related experience and/or training.
- BLS certification.
- One year of experience in a medical setting.