Registered Nurse - ICU
Position Summary: Coordinates total nursing care for patients, participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient team personnel in maintained standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. The Registered Nurse recognizes that each patient is a unique individual and has the right to quality nursing care that ensures mutual goal setting between the Registered Nurse and the patient and that the Registered Nurse assures patient rights and privacy are protected. The Registered Nurse is held accountable to the ethical and professional standards as defined in the ANA Code for Nurses, the ANA Nursing’s Social Policy Statement, the State of Michigan Public Heath code and the ANA and Specialty Nursing Standards of Clinical Practice. The Registered Nurse is also accountable to adhering to the standards set by regulatory agencies such as but not limited to the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), Conditions of Participation of Healthcare Finance Administration (HCFA), and Michigan Occupational Health and Safety (MIOSHA). These accountabilities require individual competence in nursing practice, and the recognition and responsible acceptance of individual actions and judgments.
- Education - Graduate of an approved registered nursing program.
- Must have a current Michigan Registered Nurse license.
- BLS Certification required.
- Must become ALS certified within three (3) months of date of hire/accepting position.
- Six months experience in an Intensive or Coronary Care Unit within the last two years preferred and/or meet internal posting criteria.
- Must complete basic dysrhythmia course within one (1) year of date of accepting position.
- One year hospital practice as a registered nurse.