Medical Technologist or MLT - $10,000 Sign on Bonus
Position Summary: Provides information for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease by conducting medical laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses following established accreditation guidelines and quality control standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Determines normal and abnormal components of body fluids by conducting chemical analyses of blood, urine, spinal fluids, and gastric juices.
- Analyzes blood cells by counting and identifying cells, using microscopic techniques and procedures.
- Prepares blood, plasma, and platelets for transfusions by conducting blood group, type, and compatibility tests.
- Processes, reads, and reports cultures from various sources as well as antibiotic sensitivities and other microbiology procedures.
- Ensures operation of analyzers, spectrophotometers, colorimeters, flame photometers, and other laboratory equipment by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology or related field, or an associate degree in medical technology or related field.
- MT certification or certified within 18 months of hire or transfer.